Right … I’m currently writing: (link coming soon). Which was only going to be about my current computer hardware setup and sharing research for couple of quick upgrades based on my best practices over the past 3 months. In the process of being thorough and making it an easier read it has turned into a mile long article So let’s split them up. Although I still really have not time to blog, as I’m working on the infrastructure for Options4All membership backend, and a lot of other membership based websites.
This year — much like 2015 — I spend most of my time developing tools, training (PDFs, ‘Pictorials’ and Video Tutorials) and creating WordPress based websites. Which really — opposed to popular belief — puts me in a ‘typical’ end-user setting. Which is also the reason I was able to last that long with my Dell D630. As any Intel Core2Duo faster than 1.8GHz with at least 4GB of RAM? Is good enough for what I wanted to do with it. It played YouTube at Full HD, it was portable (and okay the battery life was on the low side with a maximum of 2 hours). It ran Windows 7 and Windows 10 really great. So if you currently have a computer that’s let’s say 8-9 years old? Then that’s nothing to be ashamed about.
However, if you’re in the market to buy a newer model on a budget? Then there are a couple of things you need to watch out for!
Newer ain’t always better!
- [NL] Top 3 Beste (Zakelijke) bankrekening voor zelfstandige ondernemers met MoneyBird ondersteuning ? - Thursday September 16th, 2021
- My Dutch / NL WordPress Translation contributions: September 2021 - Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Vimeo Plus Support: Groups vs Channel vs Albums - Friday August 20th, 2021
- My Dutch/NL WordPress Plugins Translation contributions: August 2021 - Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Top 5 Patchmanagement Cloud Software solutions for IT system managers to Patch and Deploy Apps - Monday July 26th, 2021